Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tea Time

I never take the time to have tea. I have a cabinet full of lovely tea cups and tea pots and I usually just look at them and think of how lovely it would be to take tea. There are numerous containers of tea in the cupboard.  It gets purchased and then it sits there. 

But today, I decided was the day I would take tea in the afternoon and delight in the experience. I loved it.  What a wonderful idea to incorporate that soothing respite into each day.

Usually at about 2:00 each afternoon, I turn into a lazy bones.  You might say that I turn into a total couch potato, however a Lazy Boy potato would be ultimately more accurate. Instead of succumbing to the temptation to take a two hour nap, totally waste a good afternoon and not be able to get to sleep tonight -- I put the tea kettle on. The I unearthed my favorite yellow tea pot accompanied by a daisy themed cup and saucer.  The little details of the teapot are incredibly beautiful, yet simple. The nob on the lid, the end of the spout and at the bottom of the handle -- all little heart shapes. It makes me happy to see the tiny pot and even more so, to make use of it.

I filled the mesh strainer with  a couple of scoops of my favorite -- hot cinnamon herbal tea. It smells and tastes heavenly. And I feel quite genteel and fancy with this touch of civility in my afternoon.

My plan is to do this again tomorrow. I believe I need some shortbread or maybe scones to broaden the experience (and my tummy) even further.

It's long past nap time. I didn't need it. My energy was buoyed by a pause that fed me in so many ways. On another day, perhaps I will invite a friend over for tea -- with crumpets?

No comments:

Post a Comment