Friday, August 4, 2017

The WIsdom of Willie Wonka

Mrs. Humphrey would read to her class of second graders often. I remember begging her to continue reading "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." It wasn't right to make us wait to find out what would happen next to Charlie, Grandpa, Violet and all the rest in that magical chocolate factory.  It was an amazing story.  Then I was able to see the masterpiece of a movie with Gene Wilder as the perfect actor to play Wonka.  There will never be anyone who can bring that role to life the way he did.

Near the end of the movie, when Willie, Charlie and Grandpa are in the wonkavator experiencing Mr. Wonka's crowning invention.  It's an experience beyond poor Charlie Bucket's wildest dreams and he will be able to live right in the middle of that dream with his whole family.  Willie Wonka asks Charlie if he knows what happens to the boy who got everything he ever wanted.  Charlie shakes his head.  Gene Wilder, with his unruly crown of hair, sparkling eyes and impish smile, replied that the boy lived happily ever after.

All these years later, I still love that movie. I was probably an adult before I was able to see the production in color.  That contribution just doubled the fantasy for me.

It isn't very often in life that we can say we have everything we ever wanted.  I'm not sure we even realize it when we do, since we are forever programmed and reprogrammed to want to have more and achieve more.

I am one lucky woman because there's nothing else that I require or need to be happy.  Sure, I'd like to be a best selling author, raise prize winning goats, have a couple more dogs, and definitely weigh less.  But, here I am just being happy and delighting in what life has for me in this place and time.

My dream of having a farm has come to fruition. My little herd of goats is such a joy. My love of crafts is nurtured by an enormous dedicated space to create to my hearts content. I have the privilege of doing what I want, when I want and the way that I want to.  This is my time to let my dreams come true and live in my happily ever after.  I don't need to be looking to the next hurdle to achieve and receive something.  I'm already there.

I'm living my dream. 
Doting mother Sweet Pea, cares for her newborns Pansy and Delphinium.

No comments:

Post a Comment