Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Celebrate on a Daily Basis!

"Celebrate every day"
Right next to the little yellow cow creamer that I think is adorable, primarily because it is yellow, the lid off my yogurt reads, "Celebrate every day." Forget fortune cookies! Maybe we should always take the advice from our yogurt containers.

I don't celebrate nearly enough.  The last time I had my good china out was . . . well, I can't remember.  It does take some effort to celebrate, doesn't it?  Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Come to think of it, when I think of celebrating something, I think of lots of work.  I expect there to be lots of planning, coordinating people, food, decorations and activities. Usually when there's a celebration, I'm too tuckered out to enjoy it.

If I'm going to celebrate every day, I need to change my definition. I like the idea of celebrating as a daily activity.  I need to apply one of the mantras of the time and "simplify."

Just the other night my husband suggested we take two guest who were staying with us to a nearby beach and watch the sunset. With no preparation on my part, I got in the Jeep and we were off.  In a matter of minutes we were lined up on the beach overlooking Lake Huron, watching the sunset.

Lake Huron sunset
No food, no music, no planning, no exhaustion, no activities. Just four lawn chairs + four people + one little dog on my lap = a celebration.  With that kind of equation I can celebrate every day!!  I think I will.  Celebrate every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment